HEPA Macedonia National organization for the promotion of health-enhancing physical activity is a non-governmental (NGO), non-profit organization which is a public benefit organization.
HEPA Macedonia is a member of several International, European and National networks:
– The WHO HEPA European network; http://www.euro.who.int/en/health-topics/disease-prevention/physical-activity/activities/hepa-europe/hepa-europe-membership-and-meetings/Member-institutions-and-contact-person-per-country
2006: up today: Member, “Move for Health” world network;
2006 – 2008: Member, EUNAAPA network and research project for the “Action on Aging and Physical Activity – www.eunaapa.org (http://www.eunaapa.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Current-members.pdf) (an associate partner);
2009 – 2011: Member, Standing Committee for the Advancement of Healthcare system reforms at the Ministry of Health, Republic of Macedonia; (http://www.scribd.com/doc/31101284/Healthcare-system-reforms-Green-Book-Simovska-Vera-MD-PhD-ekspert), http://sc-healthreform.org.mk/web/;
2010: Member, Global Dialogue, http://www.stopsmokingcampaigns.org/member;
2010 – up today: Member, European Commission, PIC (Validated) – 987948008;
2008 – 2018: Member, West Balkan Research Directory;
2006 – 2010: Member, European College of Sports Sciences (ECSS);
2011 – 2013: Member, European Thematic Network of Dietetics” – DIETS2 (creating specific dietetic competences at the 2nd and 3th cycle);
2011: Interest representative: Synthesis Report on the Public Consultation on the “European Innovation Partnership on Active and Healthy Ageing“, EC/DG Health and Consumers and DG Information Society and Media, Brussels, Belgium;
2012: The Report on the Public Consultation on the “Draft – European Health Strategy”, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium. http://ec.europa.eu/health/ph_overview/strategy/docs/consultation_frep_en.pdf
2010-2018: Member, World Heart Federation – Organizing the World Heart Days:
2010: “I work with heart”;
2011: “One World, One Home, One Heart”;
2013: “Take the road to a healthy heart”;
2018: “My Heart, Your Heart”.
2015: Member, Organizing Committee: OMICS International Euro Global Summit & Medicare Expo on Weight Loss:” Innovative weight loss approaches overcome health risks associated with obesity”. August 18-20, 2015 Frankfurt, Germany. http://weightloss.global-summit.com/europe/2015/organizing-committee.php
2015: Member, Scientific and Organizing Committee of the Scientific Satellite Symposium for International Euro Global Summit & Medicare Expo on Weight Loss “ADVANCED PERSPECTIVES FOR BETTER FITNESS INPUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITION TO REDUCE OBESITY AND RELATEDCHRONIC DISEASES” http://toc.proceedings.com/28312webtoc.pdf; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlpWcldoAbw
2015: Member: Global Observatory for Physical Activity (GoPA): MACEDONIAN Physical Activity country card. International Society of Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH). http://www.globalphysicalactivityobservatory.com/card/?country=MK
2016: Designing and leading practice-based training course focusing on life skills including sport, nutrition and recreation of youth and adult population. The aim was to celebrate the WHO “Move for Health” Day in Macedonia through organizing continuing medical education (CME) in Skopje, accredited by Doctor Chamber of Macedonia and Macedonian Medical Society.
2017: Meeting with other Macedonian NGOs to create the INITIATIVES TO PROMOTE PEACE, DEMOCRATIC AND HUMAN DEVELOPMENT THROUGH SPORT, Veles 28.04.2017. https://www.facebook.com/notes/hepa-macedonia-national-organization-for-the-promotion-of-health/initiative-to-promote-peace-democratic-and-human-development-through-sport/1414645338597916/
2018: Project Partner, European Commission/Erasmus+ Youth Worker;
2018: Project Partner, European Commission/Erasmus+ Sport, European Week of Sport.
2018: Contribution to the Government “Program, 2018-2020”, HEPA Macedonia, http://www.nvosorabotka.gov.mk/sites/default/files/dokumenti/predlozi/HEPA_Makedonija.pdf
2018: Council for cooperation and development of non-govermental organisation with the Goverment .
Partnerships have been set up with different partners such as:
– The higher academic institutions (University “St. Clement of Ohrid” Bitola, 2015; University “Ss. Cyril and Methodius” Skopje, Faculty of Medicine, 2006-2010);
– Institutional actors (Ministry of Health, 2009-2010; Ministry of Youth and Sports, 2018; Government Department for cooperation with the Macedonian NGOs/Civil society, 2018-2020),
– National associations (Association of Doctors-Specialists of Sports Medicine, Macedonian Medical Society, 2006 – 2025; Federation of Sports Pedagogues of Macedonia, 2006 – 2017; Macedonian Olympic Committee, 2010);
– International associations (WHO HEPA European network, 2006; Global Observatory for Physical Activity, 2014; West Balkan Research Directory and Move for Health world network, 2003-2018).
– HEPA Macedonia is a collaborating partner of the “Institute of Sports Medicine” at the Public Health Institutions – Skopje;
– President of HEPA Macedonia, Univ. Prof. Simovska Vera is a member of the Presidency and President of the Commission for scientific research at the Macedonian Association of Doctors-Specialists in Sports Medicine at the Macedonian Medical Society;
– HEPA Macedonia is a member of the Government Committee for nomination the NGOs as public benefit organizations, 2018-2020.